What a weird few weeks!
about 2 weeks ago, I came down with a horrible sore throat. It felt like my throat was bleeding! Within 3 days, I had a fever, hallucinations, cough, stuffy head, and sinus pain. The Dr's thought I had the flu, but the swab was negative. A week later, I still had a pretty bad cough.. Called the OB, and they prescribed me some cough syrup. A week after that, I am finally over the cough (I think, no medicine today). I am SO tired though. I slept 12 hours straight twice last week, and last night I got a solid 10 hours. I was exhausted at church last night, and woke up in the middle of the night with some severe belly pain.
Managed to fall back asleep, but had some pretty weird dizziness accompanied by seeing spots this morning. I called the Dr., because I thought it was low blood pressure, and just wanted to make sure they didn't want to see me. They did, and when I got there about 4 hours later, most of the dizziness was gone, and my bp was around 102. They tested my blood and urine, although I'm not worried, particularly, that was nice of them. I have a feeling it's low bp or maybe something with my ears that is making me dizzy.
This has all just been a reminder that I need to get more rest than I am used to getting. Its hard because we are in revival, and I want to be there, but I need to take care of this baby first.
Some people at church are telling me not to "claim" illness; when they ask me how I am and I answer truthfully. This is one of the drawbacks of living in this part of the country. I tried to explain that your immune system is suppressed when you are pregnant, and with multiple pneumonia's and being born so early, I need to be careful with my lungs. They just tell me I don't have enough faith. VERY FRUSTRATING as anyone who has been through a difficult health situation can attest to.
I'm just trying to remain balanced and throw all that junk out! I am VERY excited to be feeling better, and remind myself when people say stupid things, that is part of the reason we are here. :D
1 comment:
((HUGS)) Glad you are feeling better. I know how difficult if can be when you are already dealing with pregnancy stuff then to get sick on top of that! This isn't the time to "suck it up and deal" This is the time to baby yourself so you can make sure your baby gets everything he/she needs.
Hang tight girl :)
Post a Comment