Feb 13, 2010

baby innovations

So we went to babies r us last night. Not to buy or register, but I just wanted to see what was out there. WOW there have been innovations since I last looked at baby stuff. Admittedly its been awhile, I shopped for the grandbabies showers, but didn't really get into the new stuff out there. The last time I really looked at stuff was when Jamie moved in with us and we bought stuff for summer. LOTS of changes in those 5 or so years. Especially since everything we bought for summer was used :)

For example, the Jeep Stroller comes with an Ibaby plug in and surround sound, so that you and your tot can rock out while walking in the park.
The baby swings have mirrors, mobiles, music, and some of them have the option to glide or swing. They are very high tech. I do like that they plug in, but the ones that glide are actually a little scary. they have a motor that controls the glide, and for some reason I can just see the motor malfunctioning and the kid zooming back and forth like he's on a deranged carnival ride.
I guess fisher price and the other companies think your baby can't be too stimulated. However, I disagree. I would like to see the baby peaceful, tyvm.

The highchairs have definitely improved, the trays have inserts in them that slip out, so there is always a clean surface. Some of them recline. Not entirely sure why you would want to recline while eating, but heck, there is a lot I don't know.

We probably won't get a stroller, we never go anywhere. Definitely we want a swing, and probably a bouncer and a pack and play. The pack n plays have a little module that clips on the side that plays music or nature sounds. It also has a night light. When you move a pack n play from the newborn setup to the infant setup, the surface also has a soother with vibration. Very cool.

That was all we looked at besides the my brest friend. I still want to see some bumgenius in person, although I am pretty sure we will do that.

I am not planning on buying much retail. I am really excited for this sale I had thought it was in April, so that I would have an extra month to save up and buy most of the big stuff there, but thats not to be :) Oh well, I know God will provide!

3 comments:

Jonelle said...

A stroller to plug in your iPod - that is awesome! Your comment about the motorized glide had me rolling.

What is a bumgenius?

I hope you get to buy lots of stuff. I will be praying for God's provision.

Unknown said...

I would retink not getting a stroller you will have lots of new places to go (Dr's appointments, etc.) once the baby comes and those little ones get heavy fast! Also my oldest had colic and going for a walk with her in a stroller was the only thing that would get her to calm down.

If you wanna see a bumgenius I can mail you one of mine to see since it will be a while before the twins grow into them :)

bre said...

I wrote you on FB amy, THANKS!

Jonelle, bum genius are these really cool looking cloth diapers. Well, as cool as diapers can be imho :)

I hadn't thought about drs appts etc Amy, I guess I was hoping I could just use a moby or something. So you think I should get one?