I failed my first GD test last week (the one hour one.) My score was 133 and it needed to be 130 or below to pass. I have a feeling that part of the reason they failed me was because of my headache, we are going strong at one month at least on this headache, and possibly its blood sugar related. It seems like 140 is usually the cut off, but maybe not :)
So.. today I took the 3 hour test.
I was much more careful this weekend to cut out sugar and carbs, and WOW do things taste sweeter now. I have probably been dipping into the sugar pot more than necessary :) so this is a good reset.
Here is what happened on the 3 hour test. I fasted from 10pm last night, and got to the lab around 9:30 am. They took my fasting blood draw, and told me the sugar level was 89. I don't know if thats good for fasting.
Then, they gave me the glucola to drink, it was like a super sweet Hawaiian punch. I had 5 minutes to drink it, and then I gave my second blood vial. Then they told me that I needed to wait 3 hours and get 3 more tests, 1 per hour.
I thought they would let me leave and I could run errands in between, but nope, they held me hostage. So I now know all the latest gossip on Tiger and Elin, way more about the kardashians then anybody needs to, and my purse is clean :)
Really the 3 hour isn't so bad, but take something to entertain yourself. And several bottles of water.
No comments:
Post a Comment